Monday, June 30, 2014

Don't believe the hype: The Alfredo-ish sauce

Soooo, over the weekend I was craving alfredo. I searched online and found a vegan alternative to an alfredo sauce. I saw a few recipes but went with the one that had 5 STARS and raving reviews. I was too pumped! Drawn in by the words "It tasted JUST like the real thing", I made the tofu and soy milk based sauce. Lies, lies and more lies. It does NOT taste like alfredo sauce. HOWEVER, it was a good sauce! I was a bit skeptical about working with tofu. I've always imagined it as being something squishy and slimy, so after the sauce was made, I made my sister try it first! Ha! It definitely had an alfredo-ISH vibe. I was pleased with the outcome. I added sauteed mushrooms and topped it with corn & vegan parmesan cheese. I recommend it! Here's the recipe for the sauce: http://silk.com/recipes/vegan-alfredo-cream-sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment