Thursday, June 26, 2014

30 DaYS veGAn

I decided about a week ago that i would attempt a vegan lifestyle for 30 days. I’ve never been a “blogger” but have always considered it! This new journey has inspired me to finally get started! Firstly being a vegan is pricey! Unless of course you stick to your basic raw vegetables and fruits. I bought most of my groceries from wegmans. I believe it is a little more cost efficient than whole foods. I only bought items that I could not purchase at my local grocery store. So far the experience has been great. I started on Monday. The hardest part is figuring out your meals. Planning is essential! I’ve googled a few recipes online and one of my faves has got to be the pan-seared oatmeal topped with blueberries. I got the recipe from: http://www.treehugger.com/easy-vegetarian-recipes/pan-seared-oatmeal-with-blueberries.html . The only thing i did differently was used vanilla coconut milk, added vanilla extract, rosewater and some cinnamon to the oatmeal. It was amazing! I’ll try to post pictures as I experiment with new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment